Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Banker

Kudos to a fabulous banker at Sovereign Bank for being, well human. The other day, I posted about the loan modification papers from heaven.

I received the check from my relative. (Thank you wonderful lady!) But, it's an out-of-state check that isn't guaranteed to clear for three days. I need to Fedex a certified check drawn on those funds back to the mortgage company TOMORROW for it to arrive by their deadline. (Not to complain about something that's going to save my house, but they didn't give us much time...)

I explained my plight to the teller. Instead of just shrugging and saying it will take a couple of days, she walked it over to a higher-up in cube-ville. This wonderful woman looked up my account (so she must have seen some bounced checks and other ugly trails of financial distress.) She asked for my id. She asked me about my business loan. (oops). She asked if we were refinancing and paying closing costs up front. I was honest, and said that it was a long story but we were doing a loan modification. She smiled wryly and said, "Isn't everybody?" And she went and cashed out the check and deposited cleared funds in my account. And then she said, "It's horrible now for a lot of people, but it's going to get better. I think."

So thank you bank person. A little compassion and a break or two is just what I need.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: