Monday, November 17, 2008

A Case of Mistaken Identify

Straight from the "Keys in the Freezer" department, we have for you today a case of mistaken identity. Alert readers will recall I've been trying to provide documentation of my income and expenses to the Internal Revenue Service via FORM 433-F for weeks now.

It took me awhile to get it together. After all, we had our wedding anniversary, Mr. Poorhouse's birthday, Little Poorhouse's birthday, Halloween. Whew.

I try to instill a sense of thankfulness and manners in my kids. So Little Poorhouse spent two whole afternoons writing thank you notes for his many birthday presents.

In the meantime, I got the 433-F done, and sent it to the address given me. And the IRS lost it.

So Friday morning, on my way to work, I grabbed the manilla envelope off the front hall table, stopped by the post office and sent it to the new address the IRS agent had given me. Good for me. Another thing checked off.

Today, on my lunch break, I opened the manilla envelope with Little Poorhouse's thank yous so that I could put them in the mail.

Imagine my surprise and horror to discover in the envelope--my 433-F and all it's documentation. Which means--wait for it--that I sent Little Poorhouse's thank you notes to the IRS. Certified Mail. Return Receipt Requested.

This story isn't over yet. See this post for the next installment. 

No comments: