Thursday, February 11, 2010

Credit easing up? Or credit score improving?

Crocus InvictusImage by oschene via Flickr
Just this week I've noticed I've started to get credit offers in the mail again--for credit cards and refinancing the mortgage.

Now one of two things is happening. Either 1) my credit is improving, or b) credit is easing up out there.  The credit card offer I got yesterday actually included a 0% balance transfer offer.  Haven't seen one of those in a long time. (And of course, given my past experience with balance transfers, such a thing sends me running for the hills.)

And mortgage rates are pretty durn low. If my credit score wasn't so bad, I'd be thinking about a refinance myself.

I should probably mention that I have put myself on the do-not-mail list for credit card offers. (You can do that too at https://www.optoutprescreen.com.) But some offers always seem to sneak through. 

Now mind you, I'm not going to be taking out any new credit. I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt (which is now old and smelly).

According to the the recent quarterly survey of banks by the Federal Reserve, credit hasn't loosened up yet. (Reported by Market Watch).

So maybe this is a sign of spring in the winter of our discontented finances.

Have you noticed any changes in the availability of credit?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: