Saturday, February 20, 2010

Proscrastination

MX056S12 World BankImage by World Bank Photo Collection via Flickr
I am such a procrastinator. I got my car inspected on the last day of January. Of course, there was a long line at the service station. Except I'm pretty sure all the other cars in the queue had their inspections expire in January. Mine expired in December.

Why did I wait so long?  I was afraid the car wouldn't pass inspection and so I would face an expensive repair. The car is going on 10 years old, and it's making a jingly sound like something you'd hear on Santa's sleigh.

It's not really logical to put it off, but it's part of my avoidance defense.  I don't have money for a major repair, so if I don't know about it, I don't have to face it, right?

This time, the story had a happy ending. The jalopy passed the inspection. I did a few errands while I waited. So, we're good for now.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: